Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 2012! A new beginning...

Well, nothing like a 2 year break! I have been feeling more up to blogging lately, so what's a better time to start up something new than the new year? So let's catch up, shall we? I now have 2 daughters- a 13 month and a 3 yr old. We just celebrated Isabella's 3rd birthday on Monday. It was a Madeline themed party. Very cute- but more work than I thought it would be. I've become quite a fan of Pinterest lately, and therefore my head ( and boards) are overflowing with cute ideas now! So I found some ideas to springboard off from and do the party on the cheap. Here's some pics from the party:

My girl! Lookin' so cute in her Madeline hat and dress I made

A poor man's version of Madeline;) For the game, pin the hat on Madeline

Made with my handy dandy Silhouette! Little Treat boxes:)

Bubbles and prizes

The table set up


Made with my Silhouette, too!!

Did all this work, and forgot to take a pic with all the yummy food my wonderful husband made.


The cake that I dubbed "Madeline's hat that fell in the dirt!" Don't look too closely b/c the cake crumbs kept getting in the frosting! No cake boss, but it'll do for a 3 yr party.

Also here's some from our little one turning one mid Nov., the theme was very hungry caterpillar. She is always ready to eat, so it was quite the perfect theme:)








Ok enough birthday pictures!

So what's this blog going to be about now? A little bit of everything which is my life as a busy stay at home mom of two precious little girls. I enjoy sewing and doing some crafty things- far from perfect, but fun, and maybe I can show off some new things as well as give inspiration and help along the way. I am home schooling ( preschool for now) our 3 yr old. She's going to be too smart way too soon! I really feel blessed that I am able to stay home and still use my college degree of elementary education a little too. I am found some great blogs that have really helped me along the way. I hope to be one of those for you as well...
If for nothing else, I hope that this blog serves as a little journal for me and an encouragement for you:)


No comments:

Post a Comment