Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Our Monday


Here's some activities that we are working on with our new letter this week- Tt
We usually start the week of a new letter with upper and lower case letter finds. I made this as a word document. Very easy- just randomly hit every key a couple of times! Then I figured out that if you just go in order of the keyboard you can assure that you are getting them all in and not in alphabetical order! I laminated it, so we can use it for every letter now. Just uses dry erase markers:)



found a trace-able alphabet (upper and lower is on the back!)  I laminated that too!


Practice tracing lines to the right and to the left...

We played the "number hop" I put the paper number 1-10 on the floor and call out numbers, she is to hop to the correct one. It gets some energy out and helps recognize numbers in print. Perfect "game" if you ask me!:) It was kind of a shorter learning time this morning. I really had higher hopes for getting more in, but the mornings are just plain packed! Since she is only 3, I feel like as long as we get it in 2-3 times a week, we're still doing ok. It's important to see friends, go to Bible study and get groceries! So that's actually what we had to do ( get groceries) on this particular Monday.
Not the greatest picture- but just had to document this rare occurrence:)
 The girls did great at the store. When the girls were just a little younger, I would dread going to the store. I would have toys and treats in my purse ready for anything that came my way. We would still end up with a melt down from one or the other. Now I can happily go with usually not too many troubles. Thank you, Jesus! So since it was unseasonably warm, so I made the impromtu decision to go on a picnic and play at the park when we got back! The girls loved it. That has never happened to me in all my days of living in PA/ NY/ OH! What a great winter we are having! Then it got to windy and the raindrops started coming- just in time for nap time. It is so fun to see Olivia's personality starting to come out more and more everyday. She is really understanding what's going on now. She is the smiley-est baby I've ever seen. But not this time- she wanted to stay and swing! Poor thing, she screamed all the way home....

No comments:

Post a Comment