Thursday, January 12, 2012

Our homeschool pre-school

I thought I would snap a few pictures of my darling girl doing some of her school activities or "learning time" as we like to call it:) I have really enjoyed being able to stay home with my girls. About a year ago, when Isabella was only two- she started to act a little different, (ie: throw some fits ( not like her) and just seem bored) so my husband said "You know what she needs? She needs to be challenged! Honey, I think you should start some preschool things with her. Maybe that will help.." And so it began- our home school adventure! We've been at it for a little under a year now ( already!) I usually try to have some one on one time with her a few mornings a week while my other daughter is taking her nap. It's not super serious or structured ( or perfect!) by any means but we have fun and she is learning! So that's all that matters to me. It's usually under an hour and if other "learning moments" present themselves during the day, then of course we talk about it and how it relates to what we were talking about. I have found so many amazing home school blogs that have really helped me to get motivated and great ideas with free!! printables for lessons. Most of these ladies have a few kids and they are doing "real" school not just pre-school; and have time to write wonderful blogs! How do they do it?! Anyways- here's a few of my favorites:
http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/
http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com/  
http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/   
http://overthebigmoon.blogspot.com/

Matching snowflakes- Courtesy of www. confessionsofahomeschooler.com

Writing with her new dry erase board that uses crayons! She's so good at practicing her writing:)

Jump to the number when I say it.- Again, Thank you www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com

Putting the numbers in order

This is the first thing we do when we "do school", Circle the day of the week. Recite the date. Check the weather. Read sight words (So proud!) and practice her memory verse for church. She loves it- which I love!!

Little Ss book, found on www. first-school.com
Here's a couple things that we did today. We're studying the letter Ss and things that start with it. We have done this for a week or two for every letter of the alphabet. So now we're in the home stretch! For our Ss words, we're looking at 5 senses, safety and snow. I wish I could make the themes go together a bit more..but oh well! I love that she will ask to do learning time! I hope that she keeps on enjoying to learn. As she gets older and we have more children ( God willing) in the mix of just running around and/or learning with us; I hope to get much more organized!  I was a teacher by trade/degree; but by no means do you have to be to be able to homeschool your child! I plan to put up some more posts on other ideas that we're using. Hope it will inspire/ help someone else as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment