Thursday, January 26, 2012

Case of the No's: No Sew Tu-Tu and No mess painting

I was in a crafty mood yesterday. I have had these ideas in my head ( and on my Pinterest boards) so I wanted to try them out. First up the No Sew Tu-Tu- turned out very cute and was so easy to do. I found the directions at Jo-Ann's on one of those little free sheets you sometimes see hanging up. Anyways, I got 2 yds each of pink and white tulle. It was on sale at Hobby Lobby when I went to browse around. I love that store! It's so nice to hear Christian songs or hymns as the in store "radio" and such pretty scripture signs, along with my obsession of Paris/French inspired decor. So I got that and then out of the corner of my eye I saw some cute girly fabric with the Eiffel Tower on it. Bella is starting to really like it too because of her favorite movie- Madeline. So I bought that too and made it into a pillow.



For the tu-tu, I tied a piece of elastic together after measuring it around my daughter's waist ( a little bigger if you're going to tie it) Then lay out the tulle together. You can do 1 yd of 4 colors or 2 yds of 2 colors- then lay it flat on top of each other and cut 4-6'' strips. After all the tulle is cut in long strips, you cut them in half. Loop it around the elastic and knot it. It probably took about a half hour if that to do the whole project. It is a nice very full and twirly skirt my little princess-ballerina loves.:)



I couldn't help  it and had to try it on Livi this morning too:)

Today while doing learning time, Isabella wanted to paint. This is another thing I have seen and been wanting to try out. So here it is- No mess painting ( in a bag). Again, very easy ( you should know by know that's how all my crafts are!) Squirt some finger paint in a zip bag, squeeze out the air, zip and tape with packing tape on the end for extra support. You can put it on the table or tape it on the window. I'm sure Miss Olivia will like to try this too when she gets up from her nap.
Wanted to wear it at learning time today:)

Simply squirt finger paint in the bag

Can "paint" on the window or the table

No comments:

Post a Comment