Saturday, January 28, 2012

Thrifty finds!


 Today I went over to my sister's house-  well, went to the thrift stores near my sister's house! I am so excited!  I found some wood chairs that I have been looking for a while. My mom and I toyed with the idea of getting some new ones for my birthday but the cheapest ones we found were $50-70 a chair. That's too much for me! $5, that's about right! That's how much these were. Nothing fancy or totally my style if I could pick out any chair in the world. But they will match much better with the great big table my parents graciously gave us. Then I went to Wal-mart and found some cushions for $5 too. I'm going to try and clean them up a little tomorrow. Possibly stain them a little darker of a wood color this summer- but first I have to learn how to do that!
 


I also got this great big box of tiles for $2! (and the laundry basket too)  So now if you look at my Pinterest page you can tell what's up my sleeve now. Trying to think up lots of cute uses for them. I will probably make some to sell with my other crafts. I found some cute tutorials that show you how to put a picture on them as well as mod podging scrapbook paper on them for coasters. I was thinking of maybe making some to look like scrabble letter tiles. I'm brainstorming a little valentine craft for extended family too- something to do with the girls' hand or fingerprints- you can't go wrong with giving grandparents anything with little hands on it! I get such a high off finding great deals like this. Much more fun than paying full price for sure! I'm probably the only girl who specifically tells her husband to please don't buy flowers or jewelry! ( I don't think he minds this too much!) I like practical things much more:)

No comments:

Post a Comment