Monday, April 20, 2009

Having a "God moment"

I am awestruck looking into Isabella's eyes right now. She is just peacefully lying next to me. (not even sleeping, but very quiet!) I am thinking how blessed I am. Thank you Jesus for this wonderful life, family and special moments that I can spend quietly in wonder of you. I never knew how great being a mom would be. I love it! Thankfully, my own mother has given me a lot of good advice and a good head of my own. She is not like some other moms that I have heard of, always criticizing their daughter's ways of mothering. I know that everything I do or have happen won't be perfect. But I am thankful for even that, because it makes us grow and thank God for the great days that we have! I have always been bad at memorizing scripture. Right now, I wish I knew where to look for what I know I want to say...the verse is something like "Trust in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires." I think it's in Psalms, somewhere... I have always wanted to be a mom, and He has given me this gift. While I was pregnant, I was hoping that I would have a little girl. Most of my friends were having boys, so I was preparing myself for a boy. I was delighted when the dr. said, "It's a girl!" (Obviously, if we ended up having a boy, I would have been okay, too. That's why we kept it for a surprise.. )

No comments:

Post a Comment