Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Family times

Well, we're back home. Back to the old routine. Bella did so well on the plane! She cried for maybe a total of 5 min. the whole time (round trip!) I had still decided that even though she is a great traveler, I wouldn't try that without Jacob! There are a lot of things to bring when you have a little one. We had a great time visiting my family at my sister's apt. We always have so much fun when we're all together. Jacob thinks we get along freakishly well. Like a cheesy family sitcom or something. My mom was especially excited to see Bella. She couldn't believe how big she was. It was fun to show her off. She has such a good disposition. I love that I am able to take her out and most of the time she is really pretty good. At home it's even easier (most of the time!). I am getting to know her different types of cries and looks. I think she is going through a growth spurt. She seems a little more sleepy these past few days and ever time I look at her I feel like she looks bigger!
My sister Amy is getting married this August, so we did some wedding things with her. I love hanging out with her. We can go back and forth with inside jokes and funny memories from growing up and discuss what's new with us now. I wish that we lived closer. I wish I lived closer to everyone for that matter! But what is important is that when we do see each other (which is usually about every other month or so) it is fun and special. We all talk on the phone often and having things like my blog (if they actually read it!), facebook and sharing photos online really helps out. I know that I am blessed to have such a wonderful family. My parents recently celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. That is not an easy feat, especially nowadays. I always knew that they were good parents, but now that I am an adult and a parent myself I have a new appriecation and wonder about them.:) I pray that Jacob and I will have a long and happy life together like my parents have had. I love looking back on our crazy days as a big, growing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment