Monday, April 6, 2009

At Home...

So I thought I would create a blog about my life; which pretty much means it's mostly about Isabella! For those that don't know, Isabella Grace is our beautiful daughter born on Jan. 2. She's 3 months now; and I must admit much more fun than her newborn self. I hear that it only gets better!
For some reason, she is usually fussier on Mondays. By six o'clock I'm definately ready for my husband to come home for a little relief and assistance before I go crazy. So that's where we are now; Every time I was ready to write, she would start crying.-writing just this much has taken me 3 tries! And my husband wonders why I watch tv all day! It's hard to start anything worthwhile with the little one needing my attention. I am blessed that I am able to give her my all. I was an elementary teacher before becoming a stay at home mom. This really is a full time job! I finally have a few minutes to sit and think and just let whatever come out my brain!
Today was a pretty good day till about 4:30 when she started to cry till 6. Before that, one of my friends, Rebekah, came over to visit for a bit. We have been close friends since we were 18 (I'm 27 now). It's wierd to think of all the life changes that we have gone through together. Through crappy boyfriends, college (we were roomies), living in different states for a short time, many shopping trips, apartments, marriage for both of us and a baby now for me. I am so thankful to God that He has placed such a great woman in my life! I think that it is vital for stay at home moms to find a few other close friends that they can connect with. I am very blessed that I have a lot of friends that happened to all get pregnant around the same time as me. Having that connection and understanding is so helpful. I also have 2 other close friends that understand me but don't have babies yet! My husband is wonderful, but sometimes I don't think he fully gets it. Being a mom is so much more involved, at least in the first year, with nursing and all. There is just a connection ( literal and emotional) that mother and child have. Ok, well speaking of nursing- it's bedtime for miss Isabella!

No comments:

Post a Comment