Friday, May 4, 2012

What we've been up to


What a lovely spring day! It feels more like summer, actually! I pulled the kiddie pool out yesterday for the girls. I have been thinking for the last 3 weeks that I should think up something to write on my blog, but nothing was coming to mind. I was just in a funk. I just didn't feel like doing any of my "normal" things for fun. Y'know how that is, just trying to get through each day peacefully. My 3 year old daughter was in this phase where she would argue with me about almost everything! I guess it's good practice for in ten years, right?! Anyways, we don't tolerate that, so there was a lot of disciplining going on around here ( and me yelling and going crazy!). Knock on wood, we've had a really good week and I'm hoping that phase is over for now. Jacob and I had a little regroup session the other day too.. I think that helped me to see where I was slipping in my consistent parenting that I strive for. I was getting to worn down that I would finally just say "whatever.. you can do it.." Which makes it harder for me to really stick with things that I really mean because Isabella thinks that she can just whine enough and then get her way. The only thing that was keeping me sane was to have my little afternoon break with my new favorite show Army Wives on Netflix.
I have been itching for a project lately but didn't know what! It has to feel "needed" and not too expensive..I read all these great, inspiring blogs about how to redecorate and fix almost anything into the cutest thing that looks much more expensive that what you bought it for.

So last week all these things finally came together! (well not really on the "cheap" project part, but we budgeted for this for a while)  We ripped out the old, dirty carpet and put in some beautiful laminate wood flooring to match the rest of the house. I LOVE it! It look like a new house now! We redecorated by moving couches to different rooms. So now the living room is the tv room and the family room is now the reading room. We also painted the walls, stripped the ugly old border and painted the trim white. Whew! What a week, but it looks so good ( and nice to be done too!) I also went to the Habitat for Humanity Restore and got 5 out of the 6 cabinets I need to put in my bathrooms. The previous owner ( who was being foreclosed on..) decided to take most of the cabinet doors with him! Why?! So I finally got around to getting out there and picking them up for $5 each! I am paining them all white because the wood tones are all different. That's my next project in the next few weeks. We are also going to paint the dining room to match the living room and flow better since they are almost one big room...

Before

That border I've hated since the day I looked at this house! Going away!!

Priming the walls..

Perfect trim

Ooh!! It's coming along!

Bye, Bye ugly old carpet!

Hello gorgeous floors!
The "new" couch.. (should have taken a picture earlier in the week 
- Now it has toys all over it!


I think Livi likes the new area rug!

No comments:

Post a Comment