Sunday, May 13, 2012

More than just pretty







Here's some better pictures of our "new and improved" living room that we finished about 2 weeks ago. Boy one project sure leads to another! We were pretty happy that we could get all this done in a week. So then we tackled the yard and the bathrooms. I went to Habitat for Humanity Re-Store and found all the cabinet doors for $5 each! Super excited! Since they were all varying shades of wood, I decided to paint them all white. It is definitely NOT perfect by any stretch of the imagination. ( But they look pretty good in these far away pics!) They are all different cabinets in each bathroom. (Hey where else am I going to find only cabinet doors and for five bucks?!) But it is done and I am happy that I finally have doors to cover my junk in the bathrooms after 2 years of having a little fabric curtain over it. It feels so much more finished now.



Downstairs- Before
After



Here's the kid's/ hall bathroom. I'm toying with the idea of redecorating. I think the 'Very Hungry Caterpillar' theme is so cute. I saw that Pottery Barn has a shower curtain with it on it- for $50! No, thank you! I am thinking up some creative and way cheaper idea! For now, I'm just happy to have these darn doors on!






 

Our master bath                      






 Not trying to brag, just so excited to get all these things crossed off our 'to-do' list. We planted our garden. I have never done this before. I'm a little nervous, and excited to see what happens. It's one of the things I was excited about trying when I had land/ a house of our own. Last weekend, we had a friend come and till a plot for us. We planted corn ( not really having high hopes for that, my husband really wanted that!), green beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and squash. We have a apple tree in our backyard. If all goes well, we'll have quite the harvest! Pretty good for a little suburban girl with a brown thumb! We also extended our flower bed in the front and put mulch around it. I'm waiting on some flowers I ordered.. 

All in- and exhausted!

Ok, So enough about our house! Today is Mother's Day. Isabella woke me up this morning to "Happy Mommy day! We have a surprise for you downstairs..." I could smell potatoes and eggs and see that Jacob let me sleep in an extra hour and I was pretty happy. We had a nice breakfast and I got 2 cards- My hubby wrote me a poem! The types of poetry I can write usually starts out with "roses are red..." So needless to say I was pretty impressed! Yesterday we went to the cutest thing at our church- Mommy and Me Princess Tea. Bella was so excited to dress up like a pretty princess. I even let her wear sparkly lip gloss and eye shadow. We bought a crown ( at the dollar store) and every thing. They had pink everywhere. We heard about how we are all princesses for real- God's princesses ( daughters of a King) and how we need to act in a way that is pleasing to him. So we don't want to just be pretty on the outside, we need to be "pretty" on the inside even more.




 To top off our wonderful homemade dinner ( Jacob made Salmon cakes, loaded baked potatoes and green beans- yum!) we had PB chocolate ice cream. One of my favs:) Here I am turning into my mother more and more everyday! I can't remember very many rules we had growing up; but one of them was always put the ice cream in the Tupperware container! I can't say that turning into my mom is a bad thing though. I really look up to her. I am so glad that I am a mom now so I understand her so much more. I am so much more thankful for everything my Mom and Dad did for all of us kids. So, Marmie- if you're reading this- I love you! Happy Mother's Day! If not, Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mommies out there that I am privileged to call my friends. I learn so much from each of you:)

















No comments:

Post a Comment