Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goin' a little crazy...

Oh boy! These past 2 days have really put me through the ringer ( and today is only half over!) Last week, I started a little chore chart with my 3 yr daughter. Being a first born myself, I knew my first born would like this. A nice little box to check off to know you are on the right track! First couple of days were great. She got really upset just not get a star for the day. I thought "this is great, I don't have to yell or spank..." Well now reality has set in and she has woken up too early both days, which gets me in a bad mood form the get go..Our rule is no earlier than 7:00, but somehow is bounding in our room at 6:30 begging for cereal. I have been doing a new online Bible study about the Prov. 31 woman. I have been trying really hard to see being at home with little ones to take care and love as the big blessing that it is. Most days I truly love it. But some days it's tough. I really hate yelling. The whole house feels different when we have "bad" days.. Having our new quiet time routine is nice. Bella seems to really enjoy that time too. It was hard for the first day or two. But once I brought up a little table and some quiet time activities like Bible stories and songs, puzzles, books and dress up dolls she loves it. She actually asks to do it on her own now in the morning. It's only 20 min or so, but it's a start for me. I don't really know what to do with myself. I read my few verses and think about it, but as far as "mediating on the scriptures" I don't know what to do after that minute is up... So it's a learning process for both of us. Summers are nice because we have more freedom with schedules but that is also the thing I really like in the "school year" I love my Tuesday morning Bible study at my church. I have my homework, and I know what I should be doing...

I have tried everything with Bella with regards to discipline. Time outs, talking to her calmly about how she is sinning against me, Daddy and Jesus, spanking ( along with why, not in a rage!), telling her she won't her star and therefore longer to achieve the prize she picked out... Got any other ideas?

By 6:00 when my husband comes home I am fried! Last night it was all I could do just to eat dinner and then veg on the couch for most of the night. He is so loving and gracious that he cleaned up the dishes and put the girls to bed. Gotta love that!! I don't like my attitude, but through lots of little prayers of "Lord, help me through this, give me patience!" I feel like I'm doing better today. Y'know with the occasional explosion of my screaming " Just stop talking!!" It's a process! You don't just become sanctified in a day! So this is my struggle for today. I have to tell myself if that's my only struggle- I'm incredibly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment