Tuesday, June 16, 2009

God is moving in me

I feel like God is moving more and more in my life. I can tell because I am open to what God's calling us to in our lives are now. Things that worried me before, don't bother or worry me anymore. I am willing to work for Him and guide our family in that way. If I have to sacrifice some "earthly treasures" to follow Him, than that's what I truly want to do. Sometimes I need to remind myself of this! But in the end, I do want to do what God wants for me and our family. Previously, I had talked about Jacob's desire to go to seminary. We are praying about everything that would entail. I feel open and actually excited about moving and the whole process. Jacob has a desire to study languages and possible missions work. I'm not so excited about that part. It is hard for me to be here 7 hrs away from my family. A different country would be really hard for me and them to handle. Right now, we have our phones and are on the same time zone. We make it work and are still pretty close, even though we are not physically together. We are paying off our student loans now, so seminary is still 2 to 3 years away, but I pray that God will continue to work on my heart and mind about the whole thing. By that time, I hope to be pregnant with our 2nd child. We would have to juggle school, working (possibly for me part time too) and spending time as a family. But a lot can happen in a couple of years! We have been married for only 2 years and our hearts are totally different than when we first met each other. Not to mention we are parents now, too! So, I'm sure that God will work everything out and lead us where He wants us. It might not even be to seminary by then! We feel that by paying off our debts we are free to go and do whatever. Not to mention, it's a smart idea in general. I didn't realize how much extra we are paying in interest! We won't be tied down to anything. I feel so blessed that God is working on both of us and growing us together more and more. We have different talents but I feel like we work together really well. I have a desire to know God more. I get caught up in too many outside things to really focus, but deep down I do want that! I see God working and as Jacob put it last night, "it's ok if I'm not a Bible scholar. That's what he's for!" I value Jacob's diligence and discernment for what good, true teaching is. He is my guide and true spiritual leader (as a husband should be). We are doing a family devotional before bed now. It's a short one, based on the Westminster Shorter Catechism. One day we hope to do this again with Isabella (and any other future children).

No comments:

Post a Comment