Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Catching up

Wow, it's been a while since I've had time to sit down and write. I feel like I've been busy, yet I don't have a lot to say (hence why I haven't written much in a while!). Today was a day of frustrating moments. I am going to vent now- I went to get my bridesmaid dress hemmed. It's going to be $82!! I don't know if that's a lot for alterations, but I feel like it is. Even if that's a decent price, $82 is still a lot to pay out of pocket for a one time wearing, not to mention buying the dress to begin with! Why can't girls rent dresses for weddings?! Or have a long, short or average height dress, then you pick which is closer to your size? I hate when I can't shop around (or do it myself) for a better price.

Let's see what else is new? Jacob is still seriously looking into seminaries. We might even go before the 2 years is up. He figures if God is calling him to the ministry, then we should go as soon as possible. It's exciting and a little scary to think about. But most things in life that turn out great usually are.

I am getting the apt. back to normal. It always takes a few days to get organized and clean after being away. I'm about 3/4 done. I think I scared Jacob last night because I got a burst of energy at night and wanted to get everything done. It was annoying me all day, but I have to stop at a moments notice to take care of Bella when she's crying.. I get stresed when stuff is everywhere. I can handle some mess here and there, but this was out of control!

I have stopped watching TV for the most part. I watch an hour here and there, but all the sudden it was change in me. I just couldn't stand any of the shows! I have been busy ever since. I have a stack of books and magazines I got at the library that I longingly look at every day. I did watch a bit of Michael Jackson's funeral. I think that he was a great entertainer, but I think they are going a little over board with making him out like a saint. Giving money to charities and being a good dad is great. I think it's what he was called to do with the amount of money that he had. I'm glad that he was able to find joy in his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment