Monday, June 1, 2009

Random thoughts

Whew! What a whirlwind week. Last weekend (Memorial day) we went to Chicago. Wed. was our anniversary (2 lovely years so far) so the trip was kinda for that, and kinda just to get out of town for a little bit. Bella had her first time swimming and stay in a hotel. She is a great little traveler:) We came back on Monday. Then Friday night we were back in the car again to go to Rochester, NY for my sister's bridal shower.So now we're back. Back to cleaning, organizing, errands, etc. Where did May go? Tomorrow Isabella will be 5 months! She is growing so fast. We played a little game a peek a boo today and she was laughing and a smiling so much. It was so fun to see. I am thinking about the summer and I can tell it is going to go by very fast.

Ok, on to a totally unrelated topic, but I feel like I need to put my two cents in about about this. That, and I'm watching it while blogging..So, I have watched pretty much every episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 since it started and when nobody knew about the show. It just breaks my heart to see them on the tabloids every week now. I am frustrated to see that (as it appears) another couple who got a bite of celebrity-ism doesn't look like they are going to make it. I pray that they won't divorce. It's especially sad to watch old episodes now knowing what they are like now. I want to tell Kate to be her old self and to stop caring about the money and the fame. If she truly cares about her family and does everything for her kids, then she should stop the show and go to couples therapy immediately! It's weird to see each of them doing separate things in separate states. Yes, I know my opinion probably counts for nothing but maybe if we get together and pray, miraculous things can happen.I think I'll probably have to go on "strike" against it and stop watching it. Oh, another show down the drain:( Now there is pretty nothing I can watch!

I am blessed to have come from a great family. We truly enjoy spending time with each other. It's hard for me to imagine my parents not being together- how can that happen so fast. I'm glad that I have a great role model for our marriage. Our marriage is based on faith. I cannot think of myself without Jacob. Now that we have Bella, we see how little things could come up in between couples and turn into a bigger issue. We have to make sure that we make time for each other and talk about our feeling, always being honest. While we were home over the weekend, my sisters and I were remembering some funny/embarrassing moments of past boyfriends. Christine said "It's weird to think of our lives before our guys." I agree. I like it much better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment