Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Un-devotional

So we had a pretty good day. The weather was beautiful. I managed to sit outside for a few minutes and read while Bella was napping. The only problem was after a few minutes of reading in the quiet I wanted to take a nap too! I started to read the Bible from cover to cover. I have tried different reading plans and quickly failed. I don't get to read everyday, but it's coming along. I have 5 more chapters to finish and then I'll be all done with the book of Genesis. After that, it might get a little tricker with some of the following books! Reading through in order should help me see the cohesiveness of the Bible and all the random stories I know that are in there. Then I can see the big picture that God has drawn out for us. Once I told Jacob that I felt kinda bad because I can never stick to a daily devotional plan. He said "doing devotionals is not just a little thing you read and you're done. It's growing in Christ in all sorts of ways. It's living in Him." I thought this was so well put. So, now I don't stress out about it too much. I try to read the Bible, but mostly I try to live how Christ would want me to live. I have all these little ideas of things that I would like to do sometimes (scrapbooking,reading, cooking, cleaning, going on a date with my husband) but I can't fully devote myself to much of anything right now. But I'm actually okay with that. This time is precious and goes by too quick. So, I'm just enjoying the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment