Sunday, September 27, 2009

Feeling blah..

So here we are again- Sunday night. It doesn't have the same feeling as it used to.. the dread of a new work/school week. Usually not really because it was so awful, but just because the weekends are just great and relaxing! Yesterday I was in a grumpy mood. I was trying out my new skill of not complaining ( thanks to my Bible study..) so therefore I was very quiet for most of the day. Kinda like the old adage "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." It was gray and rainy out, so that didn't help my mood. Everything I thought of to do entailed money and/or going outside. I was just weighed down with the stress of being couped up and with Bella 24/7. So, I pretty much just laid around most of the day. I was a little frustrated thinking about my younger sisters. They were both having great weekends! See- that's the problem when you compare your circumstances with others! I knew that I should have been focusing on the great things that I have now. Jacob pointed out that when we got married we had some exciting times like they are having now. It all comes around. One sister got married in August, the other one is getting married this coming June. Poor Jacob, he tried his hardest to cheer me up. I was just in a mood! I didn't even know exactly what I wanted. I think that was biggest part of the problem. If there was really something I wanted to do or something that was bothering me, I could have found a way to try and fix it.

I started to listen to a fiction book on cd. So far I'm in the middle of the 3rd cd out of 18. I can listen while I'm playing with Isabella or cleaning and doing random things around the house. I try to make sure the TV is not on the whole day, but it gets too quiet around here otherwise. Finally it was time to go to church. Singing worship songs and the sermon turned my mood up. Jacob made dinner and I got Bella ready for bed. Then we had nice night together. We watched a movie and then played Scrabble. Sounds quiet and boring, but after my day- it was fun! It was a mini date night at home. Sooner or later, I'd like one out too!

Today was much better. This morning, we went to a class on understanding scripture at church. The weather had cleared up by the time we got out of church. It was a little cooler today. It's really starting to look like fall now. I love it! I went to do some errands. I decided that I am going to make some hoodie towels for gifts (Isabella included!). I hate to say it because I feel kinda shallow- but going to the store and buying some stuff made me feel better. We've had a good day at home. I made some homemade cinnamon rolls. We had fun playing with Isabella. She has been a little fussy lately. It doesn't help that she is getting ready to walk, so she is constantly bumping her head into something- usually the coffee table!:( She has a little walker that she pushes around. It's so cute. She's not completely independent with it yet. She's doing pretty well for just shy of 9 months though. All in all a pretty good weekend. Sorry, this is a boring blog post! To make up for it, I'll put a little video of my darling practicing walking:)

No comments:

Post a Comment