Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Random thoughts

Well I'm certainly not bored anymore! I have been going all day today and yesterday. I am in the middle of about four different projects. I'm trying to finish curtains for Bella's room, finish laundry, cook dinner and clean out the closet! All this while Isabella is getting a painful tooth up on top. So I've had to take some breaks just to cuddle. When this tooth comes in, I think she'll look like a Jack O'lantern;) Speaking of Jack O'lanterns and halloween, that has been an on going debate for Jacob and I the last few days. I'm for halloween in moderation- no scary things! Jacob doesn't see the point of celebrating a 'non-holiday'. We have been making some thoughtful decisions about how our family will celebrate upcoming holidays. We have found many Christ centered ideas to make part of our traditions. Maybe around Christmas time I'll tell you more about them, and how they are going. Actually I probably won't know tell Isabella is like 6 and we see if she is excited about doing these traditions..What are your thoughts about halloween and how to celebrate holidays in a Christian focused way?
Now it is Thursday- I was too busy on Tuesday to even finish this post! The weather this whole week has been absolutely perfect! Sunny but not too hot. Bella was a disaster this morning. Screaming and bumping her head in to everything! I was trying to get ready. I thought it would take me about 10 min. I should have known by now that everything takes longer. At one point Isabella was eating tissues out of the garbage! Lovely! I thought I was being good by bringing her in the bathroom with me while I put on my 3 min. worth of makeup. I almost gave up on going out at all. After we got there (she fell asleep on the way) then she was in a great mood. So I finally got to playgroup, it was at a nice park. Bella was walking around holding a short bench and had fun in the swing. Now she's sleeping again. I'm trying to be productive while she is napping. So far I got the prep work for dinner done and I'm in the middle of making some baby food. Tomorrow we are going out of town for a bridal shower that I am throwing for a good friend. I'm looking forward to that and most importantly seeing parts of my family!
This has been a fast week. Very busy and productive. I love it! But it also makes me sleepy! Speaking of sleeping.. this is kinda weird- last night I found 4 straight pins in my bed! Thankfully I didn't get stabbed with any of them. How did they get under the covers?! I cleaned out my sewing box on Tuesday when I was finishing the closet. But that was on top of the covers. Oh yeah, when I cleaned out my closet I made a box of stuff to try and sell. So far I've made $15. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm pretty excited. Little things like that, I see God in. We normally budget just enough for gas for Jacob to go to work and me once a month for errands. Since we are going out of town that $15 will get us half a tank of gas. That's what we need to get there. I think I might put a couple other things on craigslist and see what happens. Ok, I think that's enough random rambling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment