Sunday, September 20, 2009

Counting my blessings

I am enjoying a quiet weekend that is sadly coming to an end. Most of my days have been very quiet around here (with of course the intermittent screaming or crying from Isabella..). I feel like my life is so wrapped up in taking care of Isabella that I have slowly given up on me. I have noticed this lately and am trying to do something about this fact. I want to use my time wisely and count my blessings. One of them I guess I have now is time. Since I have time, now I can read, volunteer, spend time with God and of course enjoy watching Isabella grow and change everyday!

I started going to a women's Bible study on Thursday mornings. I love it so far! I love the time with adults for 2 whole hours. Isabella goes to childcare. I love the study- it's called "Lord, Change my Attitude" and that in a way it "forces" me to make some time for me and God. I have tried to do devotions on my own- it doesn't work out too well for me. So this way, I have the "student" mentality and I have to get my homework done. Accountability is a good thing.

I have been able to get more reading for fun in. Today I finished my Karen Kingsbury book. This one wasn't as good as her's usually are. Tomorrow I'll go to the library and find another..
I am half heartedly looking for a part time job, but one that I can either take Bella with me or not be away too long- which is a tall order! Therefore, there's not much. I was looking into possibly nannying. It's hard to believe but I miss teaching. The reason why I say "hard to believe" is because when I was teaching, there were many days that I was ready to pull my hair out and days that I longed for quiet time. I miss getting out and feeling helpful and interacting with more people on a daily basis. To foster a little of my "teacher-ness", Jacob and I are volunteering to teach the Kindergarten class at church next month. Now I have time that I can use my interests and abilities to help find additions for the kindergarten curriculum already in place with our children's ministry.

I've been feeling more crafty lately, but unfortunately it's only in my head and nothing is getting done quite yet! I dream of these cute ideas and opening up an etsy page. But that takes some inventory of many crafty items- of which I have to make! ( and purchase supplies..) I might get ambitious and make Bella a hooded towel. I've found some directions online. I really like the ones with animal heads on them. A baby or small child is the absolute cutest thing when dressed up like any animal! I haven't found directions for that yet though..

My mind going a little numb hanging out with an 8 month old all day. Jacob and I do have some devotional time together alternating between 2 different books or the Bible. We get a few good thoughts and conversation about those. One book we are reading is about making traditions in your family. We are striving to make a meaningful, Christ centered life for our family. We want our children to know the love that we have for them and to know the love of our savior, Jesus. We want to make everyday and holidays special in our home. The little things are the things that I cherish the most about my childhood. The other book we are reading is about having a strong Christian marriage. We haven't been married that long but we realize that it is a gift. We want to build it up on a strong foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment