Monday, July 9, 2012

Day by Day...

Whoa! Where did June go?! Apparently, I've been busy- So I thought I would take a little time for myself (as this is a little online journal time for me too..) and catch up.
These summer days just seem to flow right into each other. I can't even think what I have done! I try to keep most mornings busy with fun little outtings, to the library, playgroup, even errands like the grocery store- that's quite an event! I've been trying to get better at couponing. I have to say, it's kind of addictive! "Hmm.. How many boxes of cereal can I get for $1.50?!" It goes hand and in hand with the thriftiness gene inherited from my mom. I do love a good garage sale! I love to see something that I bought used but still sells in the store new and I can compare how much I saved. I know- what a dork!;) We have been enjoying many lovely days out and about. I'm trying to enjoy the outdoors a little more than I usually do. I guess having 2 little ones will do that to you! I still have been doing some school work with Isabella a few mornings a week, but some mornings just fly by! I figure that if I do 2-3 days a week year round, it works out like 5 days a week during the "school year" and taking the whole summer off! Plus, I feel that it keeps up the routine and she retains what we have talked about better. I have all these great ideas, but alas they are all on my Pinterest board!
( like so many of my "want to do's someday...") and I have not gotten bit by the motivational bug to do some of these quite yet.

Last week, I had the brillant idea of taking the girls on a trip to my Aunt's cottage without  Jacob! What was I thinking?! Here's what I was thinking; "It would be fun and I usually take care of them every week day while Jacob is at work, how hard can a few extra hrs be?!" Well, let me tell you- VERY hard! I was thankful for my Mom, Dad and Aunts that helped when they could; but it's just not the same as their Daddy or Mommy! By the week's end, I was TIRED! I went with my parents, which was lovely to not drive the 6 hours there, but I did have to drive myself to their house which is 3 hrs. We started off the trip great. Everyday I would miss Jacob a little more (and our own home to run, play, stretch- whatever in!) The girls did have fun. I had fun re-living all the things we used to do growing up around that area. Going to the carousel at the park, jumping in the lake, sitting around a bon- fire with smores... So, in short- the trip was nice, but made me realize how much Jacob really does for us and I am so thankful for a great husband and Dad to our girls. That, and if/ when we go back- it will be a family affair!;)

The last few days have me wondering how it's going be with 2 little girls growing up and all the mood swings that entail. They are only 1 and 3, and man, it was a little trying at times (3 to be exact!) today with Isabella's fits. The disobeying and disrespect doesn't fly in the Delgado household! So, you can guess there was a lot of screaming (on both ends- something I need to work on!) and crying
(only one sided, but sometimes I felt like joining in!) Then there is little Livi, who at the mention of dessert after lunch or dinner, promptly stops eating her meal and wants the next thing- (which she doesn't get). She is also very clingy to me lately. Sometimes even when we are home alone, she will still grab both my legs and I have to walk with a cute 25 lb weight attached. She cries when Jacob has to put her to bed, which breaks both of our hearts.

I keep telling myself that "It's just a phase." They really do change so quickly,- as soon as you think you have something figured out, they are on to the next thing. The worst is when you are out in public, and you think to yourself ( or even worse- say out loud) Oh, they would never  do that!.." and sure enough- they do!!  I guess that part as taught me to not be too proud or haughty. I am coming to a better understanding of other moms, but I still have to confess- this is definitely one of my weakest points still..

This online Bible study that I have been doing on Prov. 31 woman has been inspiring to listen to on the Youtube channel ( GoodMorningGirls.org) as well as read/ study daily. It is making me more conscious of the blessings that it is to be a mother, wife and homemaker. All three of these things I have always wanted to be. I never had aspirations to be climbing some corporate ladder. I am happy to be at home. I find it kind of sad that the woman's liberation movement seemed to kick homemaking/ child raising to the side like it was an after thought; like it was less of a job than going out to work. In these videos, she ( Courtney of GoodMorningGirls) goes through Prov. 31 verse by verse. There is a lot of good application that she brings out of the text. Like how we as mothers/ wives can "shop to the glory of God" by preparing clothes for our family's next seasonal need, or by waking early to prepare for the day or by dressing modestly and keeping your family in a respectable light to honor your husband. She is also so pretty and perky while saying all this! I am half admiring of her and half wondering how she can look that good and happy all the time!;) While working on this study, I have been trying, (although sometimes I'm thinking it more than acting it out) to think about my actions/words and therefore my family's actions and if/how they are glorifying to God. It is hard to change yourself! That is why we need Jesus' power to constantly mold us into the ones He has destined us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment